Here are the top 5 sites to hire freelance Web developers:
Based on our research on online hiring platforms
Initially created with tech talent in mind, Toptal hosts a network of talented, high-quality freelancers for web development and website design. If you want to be sure that a freelance web developer is up to the job, hiring a front-end web developer from Toptal is likely your best option.
Why? Toptal boasts a developer base that understands CSS, PHP, Python, WordPress, and most other programming languages or frameworks you throw their way. Their trademark system for vetting talent allows for only the best to become a part of their community. According to Toptal, only 3% of web developers make it through their battery of technical tests and comprehensive vetting process.
- Toptal web developers often have niche skills you can’t find elsewhere.
- On-demand hiring makes scaling your team up and down easy.
- Find team members who fit during your no-risk trial.
Hired helps employers easily find web developers and front-end developers. On Hired, you can use their pipeline to hire developers to work within your development process. You can create a company profile, search for candidates to fill out your development team using their search algorithm (which can eliminate gender and racial identifiers for fairer hiring), and request interviews with candidates to review your project requirements.
Why else do we love Hired? It’s great for finding expert web programmers who are actively searching for new opportunities, have relevant experience, and might even be in your area.
- Browse role-based skill assessment results to ensure a developer’s proficiency.
- Filter candidates by their published salary requirements and work preferences.
- Choose from flexible pricing plans based on your hiring needs.
If recruiting services and job boards aren’t your first choice, you might want to consider a freelance marketplace like Upwork.
Upwork has one of the largest marketplaces of registered website developers. You can hire contractors for a few simple coding tasks or begin a long-term relationship with a series of complex projects. If you like the idea of finding, interviewing, and managing freelance web developers, Upwork’s marketplace will likely meet your needs.
- Talent badges make finding developers with positive customer feedback easy.
- Expert-vetted developers are among the top 1% on the platform.
- Talent Specialists find developers who successfully fulfilled similar project roles.
Gigster connects you with a qualified team of front-end developers for a variety of tech projects.
Gigster sets clients up with product managers, who act as liaisons between clients and Gigster web development experts. This makes project management much smoother, especially for inexperienced managers. Gigster should be able to match you with a development team in far less time than a typical recruitment agency.
- Pricing varies depending on your project’s budget, size, and scope.
- Gigster usually assembles your team in two weeks or less.
- You’ll receive a free, no-obligation technical proposal and frequent project updates.
People Per Hour is a freelance marketplace akin to Upwork. What makes People Per Hour unique is that it holds contests and allows freelancers to post their job postings at hourly rates.
Between millions of registered members, thousands of confirmed hours, and success stories from freelancers and entrepreneurs alike. The ease of posting jobs, contacting freelancers, and paying for hours worked makes People Per Hour a superb choice for employers interested in searching for and vetting freelance candidates for full-time, part-time, or contract web design.
Additionally, with People Per Hour, you can connect with local freelancers, so you aren’t necessarily limited to remote talent.
- Compare proposals submitted by freelancers you or AI talent-matching choose.
- Easily organize your project’s files, communications, and feedback using on-site tools.
- Multiple hiring options mean team optimization at every stage.